Saturday, November 3, 2012

#8: Amanda Todd

Bullying sucks. Period. The worst year and a half of my life was when I was bullied in grade 4. On a daily basis, getting called names at school is terrible and no one should have to go through that.

However, I can't imagine receiving that at home, and I can't imagine the embarrassment that occurred when the pictures that Amanda Todd sent to a guy were seen by many at her school and passed around without a care in the world. Then she was blackmailed, and now we know that those pictures will be on the internet forever.
The fact that even now people are criticizing her for one mistake she made makes me sick. It is really too bad that it (as Taylor said) "took a straight, white, attractive girl to make people notice" when so many homosexual and unattractive people commit suicide, but at least people are taking notice. Wouldn't it be worse if no one did?

I think that this year, we really need to keep the challenge day spirit alive. Things like Challenge day stop this from happening, and we need to continue to promote it to neighboring schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment