Friday, January 11, 2013

#16 "Sissie Stuff"

Hasn't it always been this way? Haven't leadership positions in high school traditionally been dominated by women over the past few years? That's what I initially thought when I read this article. Then I realized that more and more women are entering parliament and congress, replacing the roles of men. I don't have a problem with this. I think the reason that this is occurring is that in recent years, young women have been encouraged to go out, prove themselves, and show the world what they're made of. This message has not been directed towards men. In fact, young teenage men are feeling that there are less and less places that they can go that aren't "girlie" and for men, doing anything that could remotely be considered girlie is considered toxic. I believe that since getting involved in anything is becoming a "girl's thing" less and less men want to get involved in anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment